Hey gorgeous mummy's. I'm Leah & I love, love, love my blog! I love to share my blog building journey & everything I've learned with you, so that you can have your own amazing blog too!
It's my absolute passion & I couldn't imagine doing anything else…
As per FTC regulations, I have to let you know that I do have affiliate links throughout my blog & posts. They don't cost you anything, they just provide me with a percentage of commission when you purchase anything through those links.
It's super important for me to be honest & transparent with you about these things.
At Blogging for Mums, we are committed to safeguarding your privacy.
Please contact us if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Our full contact details are as follows:
Name of Company: Blogging for Mums
Postal Address: Unit 17209, PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US
Email address: [email protected]
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If your personal information changes at all, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected]
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.We/us (either capitalized or not) –
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject's rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
In the running of our business and the maintenance of our website, we collect information such as your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address, shipping address, payment information (such as a credit card details or PayPal information) etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us.
This includes information on contact forms on our website, through email, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We use this data for the purposes of communicating with you and to keep for our own records.
We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Your personal information (which includes order information and device information) will be used to communicate with you, to prevent potential risk and fraud and to fulfil orders made through the site (such as sending invoices and order confirmations etc).
We process and keep records of data on transactions relating to any purchase of goods/services, such as your billing address, delivery address, email address, name and title etc.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies on your device and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your web browser, log in details, time zone, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc.
This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Additionally, as you browse the website, we use electronic files to record information about how you browse and interact with the site. We look at what pages you visit, the length of time you spend on them, page views etc, in the form of “tags”, “web beacons” and “pixels”. We collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view and information about how you interact with the Site.
We use an analytics tracking system to source this data and we process this data to analyse how you use our website. We also use it to protect and administer our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of any advertising we may do.
Device Information may also be collected through advertiser pixels, so that we can send you re-targeted advertising which is customised to your behaviours and interests.
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications if you have not opted out of receiving such communications.
This would be if:
A) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services
B) you agreed to receive marketing communications.
You are, however, able to opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
There is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our emails. Just click on the link to stop us sending you further emails.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, this opt-out does not apply to personal data that you have provided for other transactions, purchases, or registrations etc.
Information from our partners
We may have to share your personal date sometimes with our third parties.
Publicly available informationWe might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
- provide you with targeted advertisements we believe may be of interest to you;
- to keep an eye out for potential fraud risks.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
- to communicate with you and to reply to any communications sent to us;
- for record keeping
- to operate and maintain our website
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
- to send you relevant content
- to analyse how you use our website
- to deliver relevant advertisements (such as through Facebook adverts and other display adverts);
- to process data from marketing so that you can take part in competitions, free giveaways, promotions etc.
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send e-newsletters, freebies, email series and campaign offers etc (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
- Google Analytics
- Service providers for our site such as systems administration and IT
- Government bodies who may require reports on processing activities
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don't collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don't have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Supervisory Authority: Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
If you are not happy in anyway with the way we collect and use your data, please contact the supervisory authority (details above). We would really appreciate it however, if you could contact us in the first instance so we can try and resolve the situation.
We revisit it regularly and update it accordingly.